
GTA 6 Locks In November 19 Launch, Crushing Delay Rumors
Take-Two's fiscal year earnings call confirmed what millions of anxious fans needed to hear: GTA 6 is still launching November 19, and marketing kicks off this summer.
Someone on 4chan posted last week that GTA 6 was getting pushed to February 2027. Zero evidence, zero credibility, and yet the GTA community lost its collective mind. That's where we are with this game: over a decade of waiting has turned the fanbase into a powder keg where any anonymous post can trigger a meltdown.
Today, Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick put the panic to rest. During the company's fiscal year 2026 earnings call, Zelnick explicitly reaffirmed that Grand Theft Auto VI will launch on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on November 19, 2026. "I've been saying for some time that the release date is November 19," Zelnick told IGN. "We obviously reiterated that today, so we feel really good about it."
Feeling good is one thing. Backing it up with financial projections is another. Take-Two told investors it expects revenue of $8 to $8.2 billion during fiscal year 2027, a roughly 20% jump over the $6.72 billion it pulled in during fiscal 2026. The company attributed that increase primarily to GTA 6, calling it "the most anticipated entertainment property of all time." That kind of language in an earnings report isn't marketing fluff; it's a commitment to shareholders. You don't project $1.5 billion in GTA-driven revenue growth and then quietly delay the game.
I think that financial context matters more than any verbal reassurance. Rockstar has delayed this game before, twice, and both times the community spiralled. But those delays came with vague timelines and no hard revenue forecasts attached. This is different. Take-Two has staked its entire fiscal year outlook on November 19. Walking that back now would crater investor confidence in a way that a few angry Reddit threads never could.
Summer Marketing, No Price Yet
The other big question going into today's call was whether we'd finally learn what GTA 6 costs. We didn't. Zelnick told Variety there would be no pricing announcement today, leaving the industry to keep speculating about whether Rockstar will push past the $70 standard. According to Business Insider, Take-Two has already spent an estimated $1 to $1.5 billion developing the game. At that budget, charging $70 would require staggering unit sales just to break even before online revenue kicks in. I'd be surprised if it stays at $70, but Rockstar clearly isn't ready to have that conversation yet.
What Zelnick did confirm is that Rockstar plans to kick off its marketing campaign this summer, with pre-orders expected to go live around the same time. That means Trailer 3, or at least something substantial, should land in the next few months. The game's PlayStation Store listing is already live, though it's bare bones.
Zelnick leaned into a Mission: Impossible analogy when asked whether GTA 6 even needs more marketing given its built-in hype. "If you put out a sequel to Mission: Impossible, trust me, the studio is still going to spend a whole lot of money marketing that title, even though we kind of know what we're going to get," he said. It's a fair comparison, though Tom Cruise doesn't make his audience wait 13 years between films.
The silence from Rockstar itself remains striking. It has been a full year since Trailer 2 dropped in May 2025, which itself came over a year after the first trailer in December 2023. Two trailers in two and a half years for the biggest game on the planet. Fans have gotten so desperate for scraps that one person was reportedly tracking foot traffic at a café near Rockstar's offices to predict when the next trailer might drop. I get the frustration, but Rockstar has always operated this way: total silence punctuated by controlled detonations of hype. It works, even if it drives people insane in the interim.
The week leading up to today's call was a perfect microcosm of that insanity. First, a Best Buy listing error convinced people pre-orders were about to go live. Then the 4chan delay rumor spread like wildfire. Then thousands of people sat refreshing Take-Two's financial page waiting for a PDF to confirm what the company had already said multiple times. GTA 6 doesn't just generate hype; it generates a kind of collective anxiety I've never seen around a game before.
November 19 is less than six months away. We still don't know the price, we haven't seen gameplay, and we know nothing official about GTA Online's successor. But the date is locked, the money is projected, and Rockstar says summer marketing is coming. For a fanbase that has been running on fumes and 4chan posts, that's going to have to be enough for now.
Stay on top of every update — find all the latest patch notes and gaming news at XP Gained. Join our Discord for live patch note alerts and discussion.
Written by
Nathan LeesGaming journalist and founder of XP Gained. Covering patch notes, breaking news, and updates across 160+ games.
Related Posts

No All-Nighters at Rockstar? GTA 6 Devs Tell Another Story
Strauss Zelnick says Rockstar doesn't do all-nighters. Anonymous Glassdoor reviews and an ongoing union-busting dispute at Rockstar North suggest otherwise.

Half of Take-Two's Sales Are PC. GTA 6 Still Skips It.
Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick admits PC now accounts for up to half of sales on major titles, then explains why GTA 6 still won't launch on PC.

No Delay, No $100 Tag? Take-Two CEO Locks In GTA 6 Plans
Strauss Zelnick used a conference appearance to squash two of the biggest anxieties around GTA 6: that it'll slip again, and that it'll cost $100.