The latest update to Proton GE, version 8-31, has just been released, bringing with it a slew of enhancements and fixes that significantly improve the gaming experience on Linux and the Steam Deck. This update is particularly exciting for fans of Helldivers 2, as it introduces fixes that make the game playable on the platform.
Proton GE, for those unfamiliar, is a community-made version of Proton, the compatibility layer that allows Windows games to run on Linux-based systems like the Steam Deck. This update showcases the dedication of the community and developers in enhancing the compatibility and performance of games on the platform.
- updated wine to latest bleeding edge, allows helldivers to run
- updated vkd3d-proton to latest git
- updated dxvk to latest git
- added fix for older games to properly set CWD (current working directory) if executable is not inside the wine prefix
- fixed this annoying ass unclosable wayland window from popping up when a game uses gstreamer:
Original upstream bugs + fix:
- added fixes for Dark and Darker (thanks nmlynch94)
- updated BDO fixes to work with standalone
- updated Yakuza 5 cutscenes fixes to work on non-steam versions
- cleaned up various no longer required patches (either upstreamed or already fixed)
Don’t miss out on what else we’ve got on XP Gained! We’ve got daily Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, PC , Steam Deck and other Gaming News. We have it all covered.
Sign up to comment or follow us on X (formerly Twitter).